Section 21f Online Learning
Online Learning Information
Section 21f of the FY2013 State School Aid Act expands access to digital learning options for students in Michigan. This legislation enables public school students in grades 5-12, with the consent of a parent or guardian, to enroll in up to two online courses during an academic term, semester, or trimester. Enrollment in online courses under Section 21f cannot result in a course load that exceeds a full- time schedule.
If your student is interested in pursuing this opportunity, please follow the steps below:
- Review and discuss the Characteristics of Successful Online Learners
- Review the course offerings in the Michigan's Online Course Catalog (select Statewide Catalog)
- Review Wyandotte District Information
- Read Parent Letter
- Print and complete the Enrollment Form
- Return the above forms to the school counselor at Wilson or Roosevelt or your elementary principal.
- Schedule a meeting with the counselor, student, and parent/guardian during the course registration window.
- With the school counselor or building principal:
Complete the Online Student Contract