Wyandotte Public Schools
Your School of Choice
2016-2017 SCHOOL OF CHOICE
Wyandotte Public Schools is participating in the State of Michigan's "School of Choice Program" and accepting 2nd Semester 2016-2017 applications for students who live in a Wayne County School District in grades Kindergarten through 11th as follows:
Limited enrollment for grades K, 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 - School of Choice assignments include Garfield Elementary, Jefferson Elementary, Monroe Elementary, and Washington Elementary (school assignment will be based on class size).
Limited enrollment for grades 6, 7, and 8 for Wilson Middle School.
Unlimited enrollment for grades 9, 10, and 11 for Roosevelt High School.
School of Choice excludes Center Program Schools.
Application submission dates:
Elementary School - Grades K through 5: Wednesday, November 9, 2016 through Tuesday, November 22, 2016
Middle School and High School - Grades 6 through 11: Saturday, January 14, 2017, through Friday, January 27, 2017.
Application is available here - submission dates are listed above
Applications are available by clicking on the above link. Additional information is available by calling (734) 759-6014.
- Wyandotte Public Schools is a leader in the educational community - a tradition of excellence!
- Rigorous curriculum including computers, interactive white boards (Smart Boards), iPads and more
- Safe and respectful learning environment - School Positive Behavior Intervention Support Program (PBIS)
- Comprehensive array of extracurricular activities, athletics, and music programs, which include 5th grade strings, band and vocal music - No fees to participate
- Exceptional Vocational Education Program
- Child care before and after school
- Instructional practices are research-based, "best practice".
- Parents are encouraged to participate in school programs.
- Virtue Program that teaches students to be good citizens.
- Advanced placement courses
- Dual enrollment
- On-line courses
All School of Choice applications require submission at the address shown below during application period:
WYANDOTTE BOARD OF EDUCATION
639 OAK STREET, ROOM 107
WYANDOTTE, MI 48192
Hours: Monday through Friday - 7:30 am to 4:30 pm
Approved School of Choice students will be required to be enrolled and in school by:
Elementary: On or before Friday, December 2, 2016
Middle and High School: On or before Friday, February 3, 2017
Enroll in Wyandotte Public Schools and share our vision:
"Educate - Inspire - Empower"