Online Learning Information
Section 21f of the FY2013 State School Aid Act expands access to digital learning options for students in Michigan. This legislation enables public school students in grades 5-12, with the consent of a parent or guardian, to enroll in up to two online courses during an academic term, semester, or trimester. Enrollment in online courses under Section 21f cannot result in a course load that exceeds a full- time schedule.
If your student is interested in pursuing this opportunity, please follow the steps below:
- Review and discuss the Characteristics of Successful Online Learners
- Review the course offerings in the Michigan's Online Course Catalog (select Statewide Catalog)
- Review Wyandotte District Information
- Read Parent Letter
- Print and complete the Enrollment Form
- Return the above forms to the school counselor at Wilson or Roosevelt or your elementary principal.
- Schedule a meeting with the counselor, student, and parent/guardian during the course registration window.
- With the school counselor or building principal:
Complete the Online Student Contract